Sunday, September 16, 2012

How to Make Libations

First we need to start by asking what are libations? Libations are the offering given for the Goddess and the God. They are usually bread or cakes you baked and wine (or if you are underage like me, juice). This is the way I do them. This is probably the easiest thing to write, I encourage you to try and write your own if you want to, feel free to use mine as a base though.

Needed:
Special dish
Altar
2 pieces of bread/ cake/ some baked good
Wine/ Juice

Note:  Before the ritual purify the dish. Make sure it is a dish you will not need (or a dish your family wont notice if it disappears).

Place libations dish on the altar during the ritual.
During the time set out for it place first piece of bread/ cake in the dish and pour the wine/ juice over it saying:

I offer thee, Great Mother,
this _____ and ______,
I pray You take it with joy.
Thank You for it all.
(Here I go on to list all the things I am glad that happened since my last circle.)

Place second piece of bread/ cake in the dish and pour the wine/ juice over it saying:

I offer thee, Good Father,
this _____ and______,
I pray You take it with joy.
Thank You for it all.
(Here I say everything I am thankful for again)

Finish circle/ ritual.
Take the dish with libations to a living body of water and pour it out into it, or bury it in the earth outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment