Saturday, September 8, 2012

Consecrating tools.

Consecration of the tools is extremely important. I don't know about you, but I let the ash collect in my incense tray. I love to do things with it, no I'm not just lazy. I also have two separate things of pure water. One has never had the sunlight hit it and is called moonwater. I like my tools to be as powerful as possible. You don't have to be as extreme in your ritual, you can take just parts of it, but that's okay. Its all about what suits you. I perform mine over the course of 15 days. Are you freaking out? Don't....yet. Just kidding.

Start day: New moon.
End date:  Full moon.

Needed:
Frankincense (save the ash)
Moonwater (If you have it, but pure water works fine)
Candle
Salt/ fine sand
Your Altar
A window with an outside sill.

Bury the tools in the ground on the new moon. If it is a beautiful hand-crafted wand, coat it in something first. (I only do this part for my wand and athame and the actual permanent or semi permanent tools)
On the morning before the full moon, dig it up.
Set up the altar in the elemental fashion with these.
Cast circle
Proceed with regular Esbat ritual
Whenever time for spellcasting start this.
Take some of the ash of incense and mark the tool saying:

I consecrate and empower this (insert tool here) with the element of Air.

Hold tool above the flame, as close as possible without scorching it saying:

I consecrate and empower this (insert tool here) with the element of Fire.

Sprinkle moonwater (or pure water) on the tool saying:

I consecrate and empower this (insert tool here) with the element of Water.

Sprinkle salt/ sand on the tool saying:

I consecrate and empower this (insert tool here) with the element of Earth.

Hold the tool up into the air and proclaim:

I consecrate and empower this (insert tool here) with the element of Spirit.

I set the tool on the altar for the rest of the ritual the set it on the outside windowsill to bask in the moonlight. I then get up really early to watch the sunrise hit it. The point of this is it is being charged with both solar and lunar energies. You can use it after doing all that, but I suggest waiting until after the charging. I hope you liked my way of consecrating tools. Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment