Sunday, January 13, 2013

Imbolgc Shopping List

Well, I am so incredibly sorry I have not posted anything since October. I've been crazy busy and I started a video blog if you did not know. But today I buckled down and took time to write some stuff up for Imbolgc. Here is a quick basic shopping list to guide you that can double as a suggestion of materials to include in your celebration.

Candles- Imbolgc is often called The Witch's Festival of Lights. Get lots of candles. If you are a jewelry maker or a craft worker you could even try to make a crown of lights (often worn by the High Priestess but if you are a solitary practitioner like me, you can do and wear as you please).
Incense- Incense is a key factor in any ritual but the scents for this holiday are Musk, Cinnamon, Frankincense, and Rosemary.
Foods- Foods always play a major roll in every ceremony. They are needed for both libations and the feast. If you are like me you love to cook. So when preparing for the feast try to include the following: dairy products, spicy foods, curry, peppers, onions, leeks (I love potato leek soup), shallots, garlic, chives, raisins.
Drink- Drinks are almost just as important as the food. If you are of age, then drink spiced wine. If you are not of age like me, drink tea. There are several different types of tea to choose from for this holiday. Here are the best tasting and most easily accessible of them: Peppermint, Vervain, Chamomile (goes with everything), Rosemary, Anise, Lavender, and Blackberry.
Cleaning Products- Imbolgc is a time for cleaning. Out with the old, in with the new.
Decor- The thing to consider when looking for decorations for your house or altar or even special clothing or jewelry to adorn your body with is colors. Spring is coming so deck out in white, lavendar, yellow, and orange. It is not quite time for the bold bright colors but the softer pastels that border warm and cool.

I hope you enjoyed reading thins and if you have any questions, you can DM me on twitter or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment